ARISS contact planned for students in Calgary, Canada
An International Space Station school contact has been planned for David St-Jacques KG5FYI with North Point School for Boys, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The event is scheduled Wednesday March 20, 2019 at approximately 20.16 UTC (21.16 CEWT).
The conversation will be conducted in English.
The contact will be a telebridge operated by IK1SLD.
The downlink signals will be audible in parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz FM.
Moreover, the operations at IK1SLD will be webcast on
North Point School for Boys, a private school in Calgary, provides a setting for boys from Kindergarten to Grade 9 in which they are challenged and motivated, developing into young men of integrity with a genuine love of learning. Through strong mentors, experiential learning and blended learning, students discover who they are and how they learn.
Students will be learning about the International Space Station through social discussion, science class and engineering academy. Students will be building a scale model of the International Space Station and learning Canadaâs commitment to the space program.
Students First Names & Questions:
1. Omar (Gr. 9): How did you train to become an astronaut?
2. Josh (Gr. 8): What do you do all day?
3. Rowan (Gr. 8): Is time different on the space station?
4. Cayden (Gr. 7): What is it like being weightless in space?
5. Daniel (Gr. 7): Is it hard to move around?
6. Krystian (Gr. 6): What is your favorite space food?
7. Gavin (Gr. 6): What is the coolest thing you have seen while on the space station?
8. Dominic (Gr. 5): How long does it take to get used to zero gravity?
9. Caleb (Gr. 5): What did you bring with you to the International Space Station?
10. Declan (Gr. 4): Was it scary launching on the Space Shuttle?
11. Omar (Gr. 9): Will you get to do a spacewalk?
12. Josh (Gr. 8): Do you operate the Canadarm?
13. Rowan (Gr. 8): What does the sunrise look like?
14. Cayden (Gr. 7): How long was the Soyuz ride?
15. Daniel (Gr. 7): What is your rank with the Canadian Space Agency?
16. Krystian (Gr. 6): Do you get to see all the parts of the International Space Station?
17. Gavin (Gr. 6): Can you see Canada from space?
18. Dominic (Gr. 5): How do astronauts breathe with their EVA suits on?
19. Caleb (Gr. 5): Do astronauts eat together?
20. Declan (Gr. 4): What is it like being in space?